Have you ever thought about a vacuum robot with a reach length of 1m and accuracy rate above 100 [.i.m) in X, Y field? Thermal conditioning uniform better than 20 [mK]? Production equipment for printed electronic applications, such as flexible solar panels, OLED lighting, displays, sensors and batteries? VDL ETG T&D makes this possible for prominent high-tech companies locally and abroad. Are you interested in working in such challenging projects? Then read further!
Senior Mechanical Engineer
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you specify and deliver together with a team of approximately 10 designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost-effectiveness of the systems.
The most important responsibilities
Your most important tasks at VDL ETG T&D are related to the development process according to PGP (Product
- Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility and producibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: coming up with a description of system design requirements and specifications
- System Design Phase: the generation of system design concepts and reviews
- Coming up up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
- Defining the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitoring that the projects remain within the agreed specifications
- Using a helicopter view and creativity in order to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Detail phase: being part of a multidisciplinary team of approx. 10-15 designers/lead designers and architects
- System verification: Verification of design requirements and chosen concepts
- Production release: Release of the design for production
- Contributing to the system road-maps
- Participating in further developments of the necessary critical mechanical competencies.
- Setting priorities within the mechanical team and reporting routinely to the project manager
- Coaching and training mechanical engineers
- Providing direction to the Way of Working (including with the help of V-model, PGP-process, design reviews, engineering change process)
You have an higher vocational education or a Masters in mechanical engineering, preferably with focus on fine mechanics.
- You have at least 10 years of relevant experience as a mechanical engineer and you are familiar with high-tech systems
- You have experience with design principles, precise positioning, dynamic behavior, material characteristics, clean room environment, design for reliability, vacuum design rules
- You have experience in coaching junior and medior mechanical engineers
- You have experience with planning (preferably MS projects) mechanical development during the complete V-model
- You have experience with DfX (value engineering, producibility, CoG, reliability, serviceability)
- You have basic knowledge of calculations (FEM) in the area of thermal and mechanical designs
- You have experience with 3D design tools NX or PRO-E and Teamcenter
- You have experience with Matlab/Simulink or related development tools
- Technical leadership; you also provide direction to technical project teams
- You think abstractly and out-of-the-box
- Helicopter view
- You communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and with all disciplines
- You have a clear and structured manner of reporting. You build and maintain networks internally in the organization and outside of it.
- You are capable of challenging others to come up with even better ideas
- You have well developed soft skills
What do we offer at VDL ETG?
- Contribution to the development of state-of-the-art high-tech systems
- The challenge to meet the performance specifications and aspects of quality, time and costs.
- You will come in contact with every engineering process step
- You will work in a very dynamic environment
- You will collaborate within multidisciplinary teams
- International opportunities
- Lots of attention to individual performance and talent management
- You have the possibility to connect mechanical development with the production and test environment
Apply for this vacancy
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the 'solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via +316-53680745.
Acquisition is not appreciated. We ask candidates to apply directly for this job at VDL ETG and not by a staffing or recruitment & selection agency.
VDL ETG Technology & Development is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of high-tech / precision modules. This development department consists of a number of competency groups, such as, Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software and Project Management. We specify, design, develop and qualify professional product for our customers in multidisciplinary project teams that have a low level of responsibility. Because the projects are multidisciplinary, your responsibilities are great and wide. VDL ETG Technology & Development is a unique project-based development environment for high-tech mechatronic systems, combining product development and realization.