Do you have the ambition to coach experts and to support them to deliver pragmatic solutions from specifications up to manufacturing designs? Then the position of Group lead mechatronics might be your next challenge!
Group lead mechatronics
ETG Technology & Development (T&D) is part of VDL ETG. We are a Tier-1 contract developer and manufacturer for high tech equipment solutions. ETG T&D is responsible for designing solutions that are produced in our ETG factories. Systems and Mechatronics is the T&D competence group responsible for mechatronic system development, including system architecture and motion control. Typically our projects deliver solutions for high-end equipment for semiconductor, healthcare, analytical and scientific applications. These applications have a strong focus on performance, throughput, availability and conditioning.
We expect from the group lead mechatronics to extend and deepen our mechatronic system design competence. You will lead our growth in capabilities to help realize our customer’s roadmaps. As group lead of Systems and Mechatronics, you combine professional leadership and management skills with a keen eye for the continued development of the group’s competence. You are responsible for creating the conditions for your group to develop advanced mechatronic systems, securing design quality, people management and competence development. Our international customers operate in high-tech environments with demanding design projects and challenging timelines. You maintain contacts with existing and new customers, and with a variety of external knowledge organizations to improve our way-of-working, adopt state-of-the-art technologies and gather inputs for competence development. Next to this you will be responsible for reviewing and releasing designs and providing design support. You will manage the allocation of group members to various projects. As a group lead mecharonics you will also actively support career development within your team and engage recruitment activities when needed. You will be working with project managers, peer group leads and design engineers.
This position is based within the VDL ETG Technology & Development organization in Eindhoven.
You have the ambition to coach experts, help them excel in their jobs and support them in delivering optimal, pragmatic solutions – from requirements specifications up to manufacturing designs. You strive for a good balance between efficiency and effectivity. You strive for quality to be fact based.
In addition, you have:
- a track record in precision mechatronics and a clear vision on future developments in technologies and skills
- a bachelor or master degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or related
- an academic working and thinking level
- proven leadership skills, your next step would be to work in a leading managerial position within a high-end multidisciplinary development environment
- a pro-active, analytical and creative attitude with a “can do” mentality
- good communication skills verbal and written in English and Dutch
- the willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks (incidental)
- ‘’Exposure to design for six sigma’’, to emphasize fact based decision making during system development
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment; an environment that enables your career to excel in technology, quality and people management;
- Dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams;
- International opportunities;
- Opportunities for personal development and growth.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc. VDL ETG T&D consists of the following development disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building).